How did you get there were you are to addiction? And you may be asking when will end? Ohm Well addiction is a powerful thing. it’s all consuming and make you feel you have no control again in your life. the funny part of it is that addiction comes in many forms of drugs, gambling, pornography, sexual immorality and eating disorder oh something or some other unhealthier behavior.
The worse side of it, is that addiction will affect you physically, emotionally, socially, and so Spiritually. My brethren, in what’ve you’re bound with, no matter of any kind of addiction I want to encourage you today that there is help seek help, help.
Don’t feel ashamed, because sometimes other people feel ashamed of their addictions, and you should not feel broken neither should you feel empty because you are not empty. In the Book of Mathew 11:28 The bible says. ‘’Come to me, all you who are, weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
A yoke is a heavy wooden harness that fits over the shoulders of an ox or oxen. It is attached to a piece of equipment the oxen are to pull. A person may carry heavy burdens of Sins, Excessive demand of your religious leaders, Oppression and persecution, or weariness in search for God.
Jesus free people from all these, burdens. The rest that Jesus Promise is Love, healing, and peace with God, not the end of all labor. you are not alone in this addiction things, and in Hebrew 4:15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are —yet he did not sin.’’
The verse shows us that even Jesus was tempted, because he had the flesh as ours, but he did not sin still. We can be comforted knowing that Jesus faced temptation, he can sympathize with us. And we can be encouraged that Jesus faced temptation without giving in to sin. He shows us that we do not have the only perfect human being who has ever lived. God knows all what you’re going through with. If you trust in Him, every chain that binds you with addiction will be broken.
Here are some steps that will help you to free yourself from addiction.
If you’ve never though about what it means to find satisfaction and purpose in a relationship with Jesus Christ, do so now. If you have already given your life to Christ, make Him top priority.
- You must Admit your responsibility, no matter what your situation, at some point you decided to drink, take drugs, look at pornography, and more of such. I guess you should know that your accountable for your decisions.
- Stay away from those friends and places connected with your addiction. This will decrease the risk of temptation and it would make it easier for you to experience recovery the Bible says in proverbs 13: 20. ‘’Walk with the wise and become wise, for a companion of fools suffers harm.’’
The old saying ‘’A rotten apple spoils the barrel’’ is often applied to friendship, and with good reason. Our friends and associates affect us, sometimes profoundly. Be carefully whom you choose as your closet friends. Spend time with people you want to be like because you and your friends will surely grow to resemble each other. Most people when seeking for advice to go their friends
- Ask God for strength to help you overcome your addiction. Everyone struggles with temptation, but as 1 Corinthians 10:13 Says, ‘’ God is Faithfull; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, He will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.’’
- Don’t be surprised if your family or friends doubt a saucerful recovery. If this addiction has dominated your life, they have likely dealt with broken promises and disappointment. Give them time to see the new you.
- Must you know the being a Christian isn’t about perfection. You might fall back into your old ways, but as soon as you do, ask for God’s forgiveness, and ask Him to cleanse you of your addiction. 1 John 1:9
- Read and study God’s Word, the Bible. Get involved in the Bible-believing church and establish healthy friendships. The Bible says, ‘’ If either of them fall, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who fall and has no one to help them up. Ecclesiastes 4:10.
It’s often necessary to deal with the underlying causes of addiction to overcome it. Seek further counseling from a pastor, Christian counselor, or a local clinic or resource.
Final word is that No one can promise an easy road to recovery, but Christ will walk with you and offers a firm foundation to stand on. Remember With God nothing will be impossible. Luke 1 :37.